- Address: Armidale Road, Tamworth NSW 2340 Country: Australia
The Powerhouse launched The Workshop Kitchen & Coal Bunker Bar following a multi-million dollar redevelopment of the lobby & dining areas of the hotel to unveil a dining offering worthy of big city accolades.
All seasonal menus are created by Ben Davies, a three times recipient of a Michelin Star and focus on fresh local New England produce. A wood fired oven & grill are at the heart of The Workshop Kitchen – both are fired up daily with the finest Pilliga Western Red Ironbark which imparts a unique smoked flavour. All beef is sourced locally where possible from Paul Avery’s Mountain View Farm to Jack’s Creek Beef – two time winner of the World’s Best Steak.
The restaurant’s outstanding wine list received a 2 Glass rating in Australia’s 2017 Wine List of the Year Awards – the first in the region to ever receive this accolade. The Workshop Kitchen is open daily from 6.30am for breakfast, lunch, dinner & every public holiday.
Escape into the intimate & refined Coal Bunker Bar open every day until late. With bespoke American oak timber furniture, plush velvet panelling & stylish leather seating, settle in to sip cocktails, sample local craft beers or partake from the extensive global roaming whisky cabinet. The restaurant also serves up delicious bar snacks & platters of cured meats & cheese to curb your hunger.
A boutique private dining room, boardroom & contemporary conference centre are available for meetings, special events & weddings
The hotel is easily identified by the obelisk at the front of the property. This was erected to recognise Tamworth as the first town in Australia & the southern hemisphere to provide its residents with electric street lighting. The hotel was built on the original power station or ‘powerhouse’ site – hence the name & celebration of this intriguing history throughout the hotel.
You must log in or register a new account in order to contact the advertiser
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services
- Don't buy or sell outside of your country. Don't accept cashier cheques from outside your country
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification"